Wednesday 18 September 2013

Nautical {a nursery tour}

I have wanted to post about my nursery since O was born ... I am so pleased with how it turned out & quite proud of my vision that came to fruition. But some kinks had to be worked out and I just needed to find the time to have it all clean, organized, picture-worthy AND be able to be in there for a while (read: when he's not napping - which seems like a lot/not enough all at the same time ...) So - nine months later, here it is. For you, Suzy.

Welcome! 

Crib close-up

Reading/Rocking Nook. {La-Z-Boy Rock/Recliner}
My sister made the pillow! 

The globe & lantern are from Value Village! Amazing finds! {Print & Shadow Box are DIYs)

This is a great change table. O is getting a bit big for it now but it's from IKEA if you're in the market.
{Baskets: Winners}

O's Blue Closet ... one of my favourite features of the room!
{Chalkboard boxes: Superstore}

DIY Magnetic Board 
DIY Atlas Pages Frame

My artsy sister did this up for O.
idea from here
My sisters went to Cali and brought this back for O. It's 18months and the shortest, widest onesie EVER.
So. In a frame it goes! 
Little shoes are so cute. His feet are finally big enough to fit them! 
DIY Nautical Flag Banner {BIG shout out to my SIL, Justine, who sewed the squares for me!}














Going through these pictures again I was just struck with how much love is in this nursery. So many people pitched in to bring it together and add the really meaningful little touches. We have one blessed little boy & I hope he will enjoy this room for years to come!

1 comment:

  1. so cute!!! so happy to {finally} get a peek into The Forbidden Room. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! Leave your thoughts below ... and if you are posting as anonymous - I'd really like to know who you are, so leave a name or web address!