Tuesday 31 December 2013

mini aprons {a sewing, DIY post}

This month, I decided to sew a couple little aprons for some sweet girls in my life. One had a birthday {three years old!} and the other was for Christmas {my adorable niece}. I used my high school home-ec knowledge {and skills. MAD skills} and made my own pattern out of kraft paper. I used a simple cotton fabric and double-wide bias tape for the strings. I also cut out some heart shapes for cute little pockets. I forgot to take measurements before I wrapped them up but here are some pictures ... MINI aprons. How much cuter can you get??


Little heart pockets for cute little hands!


Pink dotted aprons for playing or helping in the kitchen!

I loved using my {grandma's} sewing machine ... it felt good to make something!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you! Leave your thoughts below ... and if you are posting as anonymous - I'd really like to know who you are, so leave a name or web address!