Monday 3 February 2020

donuts + dad-birthdays {a “secret”celebration post}

Today was Jordan’s birthday.
He doesn’t like to be celebrated.
I ignore his wishes pretty much every year.
I mean, it’s probably just a facade that he’s putting on. I’d bet anything. That he, my quiet, introverted husband actually secretly LOVES being the center of attention and is just so delighted when I make a fuss over him for his birthday. Even though he says “it’s just another day”. Don’t believe that for a second.
At least ... that’s what I tell myself when I not-so-secretly try to surprise him for his birthday. I’m sure he’s just overjoyed ...
His birthday weekend also happens to fall on Super Bowl weekend and I forget this pretty much every year as well. So confused about why his friends aren’t able to come hang out with us until one of them clues me in. “I have super bowl plans, sorry!” Riiiiight. I TOTALLY knew that. I usually forge ahead and plan one thing or another.
But ... I worked today & the boys had their once a week sports class so we rolled up to the house right before bedtime & I presented Jordan with Everyday Kitchen donuts as a humble birthday offering. (If you live where I live and don’t know about The Everyday Kitchen or haven’t tried their donuts - drop everything. Go now. Your life will change. I’m serious.) (Ranking from today’s donuts: 3 - Nutella, 2 - Salted Caramel, 1 - Strawberry Cheesecake) (See what I mean? They’re better than they sound.)
We split three between the five of us and it was a perfect little birthday celebration before the kids hit the hay (sugaaarrr craaaashhh).
Now we are watching NCIS & eating chips & that’s probably Jordan’s dream birthday anyway.
Cheers to being in our 30’s & truly loving  low-key birthdays!! We know how to party! 🎉🍩


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave your thoughts below ... and if you are posting as anonymous - I'd really like to know who you are, so leave a name or web address!