Friday 20 March 2015

fiesta! {a party post}


My sister turned 21 this month. Twenty-one. Big year. 
I threw her a little fiesta one Sunday afternoon for a (gluten-free, dairy-free) lunch while my boys had a siesta. (See what I did there?) 

I sent invitations {in the mail!} and I was so excited about them. 

Then, the day after I dropped them in the mail box, I realized I put the wrong year on them AND forgot to put the location. Thank goodness for texting. #tiredmombrain 

Court wanted it to be simple ... I tried, I really did, but I just love details. So I collected jars and cans for eclectic flower vases, made a fringe banner and a flower crown for the birthday girl out of dollar store flora and fauna (just kidding, no small animals). I used a blanket that friends brought back from Peru and covered it with a clear cover for the table cloth. 

I had planned a lunch that was good for all the guests. But an hour before they were all set to arrive, the power went out! They all arrived and we decided to get gluten free pizza. Wouldn't you know it, as soon as Liz stepped out the door to go get it, the power was back! So I got to do my original meal:

Haystacks (with avocado-mango salsa)
Chips & guacamole (used Epicure guac mix)
Chile Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Strawberry Agua-Fresca 

Heavy on the avocados, I realized after I bought all the groceries. 

But it turned out okay. 

I also MAY have gone a little overboard on the gift wrap too. It involved a glue gun and left over flora. But it was so PREEEETTY!! 


Any way. It was super fun to do ... Even though I always get a little stressed before hosting people. I don't know why. But I feel bad for Jordan. He's right - it always turns out fine. 

Happy birthday to my little seeester. 

OLÉ!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you! Leave your thoughts below ... and if you are posting as anonymous - I'd really like to know who you are, so leave a name or web address!